Friday, July 24, 2009

Excitement on the Coast


Last night was kind of exciting here in High Island. About the time they were going to roll up the streets and blow out the street lamps, lightning struck one of the "tank batteries" on the SW side of our little town. I went outside and called for Shari to bring the camera as smoke was billowing over the house. Keep in mind that the town is only one mile in diameter and on a salt dome so things are kind of close here.


We drove to the bridge to the North and shot some smoke shots then to the beach where we got some poor to fair flame shots as we were about a half mile away at that point. The main thing we were concerned about was the wind slowing enough to allow the smoke to linger and settle onto the houses..which it did not. It still was evident in the air that fire was nearby.


This morning we went to the site and took a few more pics of the rubble, all of which I have posted on http://jatexas.com/ our web site. I am not going to clutter up the blog with images when I pay for a web site for that purpose so....I will try to save this venue for something more RV related.


Also, the lightning took out my old laptop which I had dedicated to our backyard weather station which reports to Weather Underground http://wunderground.com/ so I will be using a nearby site for local weather until I can get me to a computer shop and find a used laptop with a serial I/O port...that should be fun.


Until later.

No comments:

Backyard Weather

Click for High Island, Texas Forecast
Click above to view Local Weather

Blog Archive

Shakedown Oct3, 2003

Shakedown Oct3, 2003
2003 Newmar Kountry Star

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
NF KOA with friends

Jake at the South Pole 2001

Jake at the South Pole 2001
NOT an RV Trip CLICK FOR STORY