Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our Poor Knees!

Well, we have been putting off laying ceramic tile in the second half of the kitchen/dining area and bay window for some time now but I have been told "I am tired of these boxes of tile in my way" by "she" who makes the rules.

So, I am off to get some backer board and Gator Aid...and hope to have this task behind us in just a few days. After all it is only 16 boxes of tile...and we do have a nice Jacuzzi tub to soak our sore knees when we are finished.

Since our home is on piers, 3' above the ground, we will make sure the sub-floor nails are tight and lay moisture barrier down under the Hardibacker. I wore out a nice drill screwing down the first half and now read that ring shank nails actually work as well for backer board. I also made a small judgement error the first half and let the grout get too dry by mixing too much at a time. This means I now have to remove grout from about 10 tiles and re-grout...I hate it when that happens.

But, come Monday or Thursday of next week...all will be complete and we can finish the cabinets and counter tops.

Will post photos when I can stand up again.

2 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

That's hard work. Do you have gardners knee pads? They work great!

Speedy said...

I remember those days of working on the house...I am glad that is all behind me now.

Backyard Weather

Click for High Island, Texas Forecast
Click above to view Local Weather

Blog Archive

Shakedown Oct3, 2003

Shakedown Oct3, 2003
2003 Newmar Kountry Star

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
NF KOA with friends

Jake at the South Pole 2001

Jake at the South Pole 2001
NOT an RV Trip CLICK FOR STORY