Friday, November 27, 2009

The "Day After" Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was grand at our house. The kitchen was busy all day and the dinner was perfect. We had told the children to bring containers as we did not want to eat Thanksgiving Dinner all weekend..and they did well. Everyone had a nice safe trip and we did some catching up on things you just can't do on Facebook, Text Messages or Cell phones...thank God for that.

Bryan and Melissa, Sara and Felton, Lucy, Miguel and Grandson Lance all brought joy to our holiday which made it perfect for us. Now comes the chore of decorating for Christmas which has been my favorite time of the year all of my life. I guess I get that from my dad, Jake Sr. because he loved Christmas to the fullest. I am sure that when my parents got to the Gates of Heaven, Jesus met them both and thanked them for helping them share His birthday in such an aggressive manner. I thank them both for passing on the emotions I have this time of year. I just can't contain myself from the love that comes from this season.

Next, I complete my task of cleaning the exterior of the motorhome as it still suffering from "Post Hurricane Ike Syndrome" that I have neglected to take care of. The rubber molding needs whitening and the exterior needs cleaning, polishing and waxing. I will also change the oil and lube the chassis before out trip on Dec. 10.

Thanks again to the "kids" for making yesterday so special.

Until Next Time....Take Care Everyone...and Stay Safe.

No comments:

Backyard Weather

Click for High Island, Texas Forecast
Click above to view Local Weather

Blog Archive

Shakedown Oct3, 2003

Shakedown Oct3, 2003
2003 Newmar Kountry Star

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
NF KOA with friends

Jake at the South Pole 2001

Jake at the South Pole 2001
NOT an RV Trip CLICK FOR STORY