Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Thoughts

I always think of my Loving Parents, Jake and Sara Angelo at this time of year. When I was growing up I remember their excitement as the "church calendar" turned to Advent and our preparation for the celebration of Christ's Birth grew near.

My dad was always a jolly kind of guy, but turned into a child himself at this time of year. My mother spent much time in prayer and I now know that most of it was probably directed at her and dad's three children and their future on this earth....believe me her prayers were answered. I could not have asked for a better life on this planet than the one I am living with the love of my wife Shari of 35 years and our 3 children, grandson and their families.

Back to my mom and dad. They would work so hard to make sure that those who passed our door, entered our home or spoke to any of us knew we were Christian and believed in God. They also worked very hard to make sure they shared whatever they had with anyone that they found in need. I am blessed having them for parents and thosse who did not have the good fortune to know them have lost out...for they were special people and loved by everyone that they knew.

Since I can remember, we had an Advent Wreath to mark the days before Christmas, an elegant manger scene and a fitting tree to symbolize all that Christmas meant to us. Many we know do not celebrate the Birth of Jesus and that is fine for them, we on the other hand hold tight to the traditions set in our hearts years ago and hope and pray that we have passed that gift on to our children. The one lesson that has remained in focus all of these years is the love that we share with our family, friends and strangers we meet along the way. Our family shared everything we ever had with others, friends, family or stranger. I think that is how it is meant to be.

The things of this earth come and go, the days pass quietly and the years slip away from us all. But we must stop and turn our hearts God and give thanks for the opportunity to enjoy the little time we will spend walking the Good Earth.

Here is a link to our Christmas Card from us to you:

(No trees were cut down making this card)

Have a GREAT DAY....SAFE JOURNEY...and a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thank you for such a wonderful post. Merry Christmas
Dee and Jim

Backyard Weather

Click for High Island, Texas Forecast
Click above to view Local Weather

Blog Archive

Shakedown Oct3, 2003

Shakedown Oct3, 2003
2003 Newmar Kountry Star

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
NF KOA with friends

Jake at the South Pole 2001

Jake at the South Pole 2001
NOT an RV Trip CLICK FOR STORY