Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

Today's update will be brief. All is well on this end of the world as we prepare to drop off the motor home at Ron Hoover RV in Katy on Tuesday for repairs to our fridge. As you may know it started leaking ammonia last week so it is time for action. I disconnected the AC and DC power and turned off the gas to the burner at once as instructed by the recall web site.
The good thing is that the Dometic safety recall worked since the purpose was to prevent fire in case of an ammonia leak in the heat exchanger and it did that job well. Between me, Ron Hoover RV and Good Sam Extended Service Plan, the out of pocket cost will be relatively small...."God Willing".

I started the Eternabond tape on the roof seams and the job is going well. I will put some Dicor "self leveling caulk" on vents and other such places this week as it does a fine job with those places. I did wash the exterior, checked the batteries and ran the generator under load today and all went well.

This day I am making a baguette bread from which I will make my Italian Garlic/Cheese toast for tonight's Sunday dinner of Pasta and Meat Balls with a crisp green salad. This bread is a bit harder to make than my Amish White Bread from my recipe page on http://Jatexas.com in the "Family" album, but is better for garlic cheese toast.

Shari and I are kind of just "hanging out" today and it is a "Chamber of Commerce" day on the Upper Texas Coast with temps in the 80's with 44% humidity with a nice breeze now and then.

Until next time.

No comments:

Backyard Weather

Click for High Island, Texas Forecast
Click above to view Local Weather

Blog Archive

Shakedown Oct3, 2003

Shakedown Oct3, 2003
2003 Newmar Kountry Star

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls
NF KOA with friends

Jake at the South Pole 2001

Jake at the South Pole 2001
NOT an RV Trip CLICK FOR STORY